Welcome to the Ipswich Mountaineering Club (IMC) wiki pages. Here you will find useful information for members of the IMC (and other visitors). Members are encouraged to update and add to these pages.
If you want to get to the main IMC website click here
For guidance on creating and editing wiki pages go to the MediaWiki help pages
Popular IMC meet venues
- Popular for beginner's meets and generally well located for eastern gritstone edges.
- Great for multi-pitch and frequent venue for beginners multi-pitch weekend.
- Steep and exciting limestone sea cliffs
- Another popular venue for the IMC
Local climbing walls
- Club members climb most Wednesday's at Copleston Leading Edge.
- Club Members also set a lot of the Copleston routes.
- Another regular indoor climbing venue is The Cragg
Our local outdoor activities shop, run by club member Dave Tonks
Stores that give discounts to club members.
Gear Advice page
Climbing Grades page
Ropework & Knots
Climbing Calls page
Climbing Dictionary page
IMC related RSS feeds
- Updates to the meet list - http://ipswich-m-c.co.uk/meets_rss.xml
- Page changes on main website - http://ipswich-m-c.co.uk/site_updates_rss.xml
- Page changes to wiki site - http://ipswich-m-c.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&feed=rss
- Changes to photo gallery - http://ipswich-m-c.co.uk/gallery/rss.php
Useful links to other sites